My tattoo artist use Tegaderm bandage on my new tattoo what is the best way to care for my new tattoo?
1. Leave the Tegaderm bandage on for 4-7 days: The main purpose of Tegaderm is to protect your new tattoo from environmental contaminants while also allowing it to breathe. It’s waterproof and breathable.
2. Avoid strenuous activities and exposure to direct sunlight: Doing these can damage your new tattoo under the Tegaderm and cause discomfort.
3. When removing the Tegaderm: Be gentle and take your time. If you just pull it off, it may be painful and potentially harm your tattoo. It’s best to remove it under warm water which will loosen it up.
4. Clean the tattoo: Once you’ve removed the Tegaderm, clean the area with mild soap and warm water, then dry well.
5. Apply a quality non-medicated skin cream. A very thin coating, not a greasy mess.